The museum, which was founded in 1970 at the 1906 Cavaness House on Monticello’s South Main Street, is considered a general history museum with an extensive collection in military, archeology, needle work, and local history artifacts.
The local museum will be reopen starting Saturday, May 7th with new hours, 10:00AM to 4:00PM the first and third Saturday of each month. Special tours during the week can continue to be scheduled by appointment.
Since the museum’s September closing, the commission has been joined by UAM History Professor & Arkansas Humanities Council Chair Dr. John Kyle Day, UAM Archeology Professor & local Survey Archeologist Dr. Jodi Barnes, and local CPA K.C. Knobloch.
For more information about the museum contact a commission member, or 870-367-2431.